Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Should I give up trying to be an engineer?

I've been looking for me an engineering job for the past five years since I graduated with my Master's in Aerospace Engineering. Since then, I have not be able to find work in my field. I have spent more time teaching school than I have doing anything engineering related, and it's very frustrating. After five years of looking, I'm seriously considering saying the 'hell with this s***' and just give up. It's been five years of fruitless searching. In fact, the more time pes, the less likely they'll hire me in some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy of not hiring someone because of their lack of experience when worsens over time when they reject my resume off hand just because I haven't work as an aerospace engineer in the years since I left college. My question is, have I pes that point of no return and all I'm doing is wasting my time and I should just accept that I never be an engineer?

No comments:

Post a Comment